Monday, March 6, 2017

Fixer-Upper


I was a little late to the party,
but I have most definitely jumped on the
Chip & Joanna 'Fixer-Upper' bandwagon!
We are eleven months into our first year in the "new" house,
and house projects now fall into two categories:
1. Little tweaks we can do now that don't cost much
and
2. Big "make-over" ideas on a list for someday.

Our first little tweak of the year was to deal with the bar
that separates the dining and living space.
Someday,
When we re-do the floors and re-design this space
we will replace this island.
In the mean time,
I was going crazy looking at {and opening/closing}
cupboards and drawers that weren't flush or straight!


So, after my daughter found us a PERFECT inspiration pic on Pinterest,
my husband gutted, sanded and began to paint the whole thing.
He built new shelves and some trim pieces...


...and was joined by my son
{who loves home improvement projects and home cooked meals!}
who helped cut and install the final shelves.
My "job" was to shop...
Hahahaha!
...to shop for baskets and arrange the goodies on the shelves.

I am SO pleased with the way it turned out.
It's the perfect "little tweak" to update this space and make it more functional
until the 'someday' plan is put into action!






Joining Tamar for some

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Complements the open family room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, what a nice job they did, this looks so much better!! pretty tulips also, i just bought some too and my daffodils are blooming outside, already. i don't think they have ever bloomed this early!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I really love this and its giving me ideas I can't do! Lol...Found you over at Good Random Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmygosh, that looks wonderful! What an improvement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://texasroadhousefrancepolandirisrussia.blogspot.com/2016/08/many-newspaper-and-dinng-services-are.html

    powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fixer upper....home improvement.....and what you did here. It look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://baymontjjonnesnashvilemeganroseradley.blogspot.com/2017/03/short-story-slam-week-65.html

    beautiful raindrops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Fixer-Upper show. Also loving your cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adrienne,

    I have missed your words and pictures.
    I hope everything is okay.

    God Bless,
    juanita

    ReplyDelete